This is some of the music I remember being excited about in 2019. (Yes, it's February.) Some of it is from 2019.
I made two playlists. The second one has more things to look at, in case you like looking at things.
- Dodie, "Arms Unfolding"
let's start with breath
- Mammal Hands, "Living Frost"
- "Sounds While Selling" (from She Loves Me)
"Madam, I am filled with / very soft / soap"
- James Carter, "Ritmico"
swirling orchestra jazz
- Carly Rae Jepsen, "Julien"
- Neil Ardley, "Prologue / Rainbow One"
Sun Ra, Terry Riley
- Fresu/Galliano/Lundgren,"Le jardin des Fées"
- Joe Henry, "The Fact of Love"
I'm so grateful for this album
- Sunna Gunnlaugs, "Long Pair Bond"
my favorite takeaway from Icelandair
- Earth, Wind & Fire, "In the Stone"
comfort in unceasing uplift
- Robert Glasper, "I'm Dying of Thirst"
sorrow and hope
- Faye Webster, "Jonny (Reprise)"
"This is a love song, isn't it?"
- Peter Mulvey, "The Fox"
"I was afraid the fox had moved on"
- Dave Mehling, "Big Time Sadness"
"follows you wherever you go"
- Dodie, "Human"
it feels this way sometimes
- Faye Webster, "Room Temperature"
"I should get out more"
- Sabina Ddumba, "Conversation"
Ugandan-Swedish pop earworm
- Joe Henry, "In Time for Tomorrow"
"I came here for the funeral of all sorrow"
- Mammal Hands, "Boreal Forest"
more Radiohead jazz
- Robert Glasper, "So Beautiful"
live at Capitol Records